How to obtain records three (3) different ways at the Ogden location:

Services at the Morgan location are offered on the second Tuesday of each month by appointment only. Please call 801-399-7155 to schedule an appointment. Other ways to obtain records are by mail or online.

Same Day Service:

We are open Monday through Friday (except holidays) 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Bring a completed application and valid ID to our service counter in our office. Please remember to place your order by 4 p.m. or your order will be processed the following business day. This is the quickest way to receive your vital record. Call us for more information first at 801-399-7180. You can reach us also by email at

By Mail:

You will need to send a completed application and include a clearly identifiable and easy-to-read photocopy of your valid ID. Please do not send cash. We accept only check or money order through the mail. Request forms can be filled out and printed from the resources listed below. Please allow 2 weeks before inquiring about the status of your request.


For your convenience, you may place your order online through SILVER, a secure online service from

Also, for your convenience, we have partnered with VitalChek Network, Inc. , a third-party vendor for online services. Additional service charges apply.

Birth Certificate Records

What we offer:

  • We provide birth records for Ogden City from 1909 to present
  • All of Utah from 1926 to present
  • Requests for records including those before 1926 may require 24 hours and an extra fee.

Book Copy certificates:

  • Available for most births prior to 1999, additional fees may apply.
  • These copies sometimes have a little more information on them than the computer generated birth certificate.
  • The computer birth certificate or the book copy serve the same purpose and can be used for any legal purpose.

Uses included:

  • School Registration
  • Sports Participation
  • Drivers License
  • Passport Application
  • Retirement
  • Social Security
  • Job Application

Many people order more than one certificate when they place their order. Often the extra copy is kept in a safe place, or with a relative.

If you just had a baby, birth records need to be requested by the parents and are not automatically issued. You should order a copy of your baby's birth certificate to ensure that the information is complete and correct.

Fee information:
Download, fill out and mail or bring into our office:

Death Certificate Records

What we offer:

  • We provide death records for Weber County from 1958 to present and Morgan County from 1993 to present.
  • For all of Utah from August 2006 to present.
  • Requests for records before August 2006 for another county will require 24 hours and an extra fee.

Filing a Death Certificate:

Utah law allows families to care for their dead without the services of a licensed Funeral Director. However, families that do not wish to retain a Funeral Director must file a death certificate and comply with state laws and rules regarding the disposition of human remains.

To begin the death certificate, contact the local Health Department in the county where the death occurred to assist you, or contact the State Office of Vital Records and Statistics for information on filing a death certificate. You may also visit State Office of Vital Records .

Uses included:

  • Obtain insurance payments
  • For collection of stocks and bonds
  • Veteran benefits
  • Closure of bank accounts
  • Retirement collection
  • Executing a will
  • Genealogy

Fee information:
Download, fill out and mail or bring into our office:

Marriage & Divorce Certificate Records

Our Vital Records office offers certified copies of marriage and divorce verifications for all counties in Utah from 1978 to 2010. However, if the marriage license was originally obtained in Weber county, you must contact the Weber County Clerk to obtain a copy of the record. If a Divorce Decree is needed, they would be at the local District Court. More information on getting a copy of your divorce decree, can be found at .

These records are proof of a marriage or divorce only, with limited information, and can be used by any agency that requires proof of the event.

Fee information:

Download, fill out and mail or bring into our office:

Birth, Death, Marriage & Divorce Record Fees:

Birth & Death Records Fee Amount
Birth Certificates - initial copy $22
Death Certificates - initial copy $30
Marriage or Divorce Certificates (Abstract Only) $18
Additional Certificates - if ordered at same time as initial copy $10
Stillbirth certificate $18
Death Certificate Reissue within 90 days of original request $3
Amendment (Affidavit, Voluntary Declaration of Paternity) - in addition to certificate fee $5
Expedite fee $15
24 hour mail processing fee $15
Burial Transit Permit $7
Cremation Permit $150
Disinterment Permit $25
Dispositioner Death Certificate Preparation $100

Note: Additional fees for special handling and affidavits may apply

Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions:

No, you must get them from the Social Security Administration. You may call them at 1-877-378-9081.

No, you must get them through the Immunization Clinic in Nursing at 801-399-7251.

The wallet size cards are too small to contain all of the security features to comply with the Department of Homeland Security regulations. Therefore, they are not acceptable for legal purposes.

Mailed requests are usually completed within two weeks. Please wait at least three weeks after mailing your request before inquiring about its status.

No, we only issue certificates for the state of Utah. We do not have access to any other state's records. We do have contact information for other states that we can share: VitalCkek website.

Yes, we have records for the whole state of Utah. However, additional fees may apply for birth records prior to 1926 and for death records prior to August 2006. Please call 801-399-7180 for more information.

There will be a small, slightly raised seal in the bottom right-hand corner of the copy, and it will be printed on multi-colored paper.

Birth Records:

If a midwife delivered your baby, she will register the birth with the State Office of Vital Records. If you delivered yourself without a midwife's assistance, you must contact the State Office of Vital Records at 801-538-6380.

You can get one for yourself or immediate family only: Mother, Father, Sibling, Spouse, Child, Grandparent or Grandchild. This does not include Step-Parents or In-Laws.

In most cases, it only takes about 5-10 minutes.

An Apostille is an authentication on a document prepared to give to a foreign country. The following are examples of when a birth certificate may require an apostille:

  1. Transferred by your employer to a foreign country;
  2. Getting married in a foreign country;
  3. Adopting a child in a foreign country;
  4. Going on a mission in a foreign country.

For more information, please call (801) 538-1041.

You must complete this process with the State Office of Vital Records in Salt Lake City. Please contact them at 801-538-6363 for further information and requirements.

You must send the certified court order documents to the State Office of Vital Records in Salt Lake City. Please contact them at 801-538-6105 for further information and requirements.

For unmarried parents, adding a father to a birth certificate requires a Voluntary Declaration of Paternity. Both the mother and father must sign the form, as well as two witnesses not related to either the mother or father. Please call us for additional information 801-399-7180.

Death Records:

You can get one if you are an immediate family only: Mother, Father, Sibling, Spouse, Child, Grandparent or Grandchild. This does not include Step-Parents or In-Laws.

Marriage/Divorce Records:

No, those are issued by the County Clerk's Office in the Weber Center. You may call them at 801-399-8400.