Certified Food Manager Information

The food service protection division works to provide education to food service workers and food service businesses in an effort to promote safe food handling and preparation practices. Individuals that work in facilities that prepare or serve food are required to obtain a Utah Food Handler Permit. Permits are obtained after successfully completing an in-person or on-line state approved training course.

How to Get Manager Food Safety Certification

The Manager Food Safety Certification Act requires that each food service establishment be managed by a full-time certified food safety manager at each establishment site. This manager must register with the appropriate local health department.

To register as manager certified in food safety with the Weber-Morgan Health Department, the applicant shall:

  1. Present documentation of having passed an exam approved by the Utah Department of Health.

  2. Bring a Completed Food Safety Manager Certification application to the Weber-Morgan Health Department located at 477 23rd Street, Ogden, Utah. Please bring the form to the Environmental Health office on the Second Floor.

  3. Provide a government-issued picture I.D. at the time of registration.

  4. Pay the application fee of $20.

Download Manager Food Safety Certification Act Section 26-15a

Course List:

The courses are listed on the Utah Department of Utah site . The Weber-Morgan Health Department can be contacted for further questions at (801) 399-7160.