Vital Records

Vital Records Overview

Welcome to Weber-Morgan Health Department Vital Records. Our mission is to provide official, raised seal, Birth, Death, Marriage, and Divorce Certificates for all legal purposes including passports.

We are able to assist you from:

Monday through Friday (except holidays)

8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Please have your application in to the service counter by 4 p.m.

Applications received after 4 p.m. will be processed the following business day.

Fees and Information:

Birth Certificates - $20

Death or Stillbirth - $18

Additional copies - $8

Book copy - $25

Verify Marriage or Divorce - $18

Additional copies for verifications on marriage or divorce - $8

*NEW - Search Fees are Non-Refundable and includes 1 Certified Copy of Record

For more information, please email us.

How to Obtain Vital Records:

  • Same Day Service: Bring a completed application and valid ID to our service counter in our office. Please remember to place your order at least one hour prior to closing or your order will be processed the following business day. This is the quickest way to receive your vital record.
  • By Mail: You will need to send a completed application and include a clearly identifiable and easy-to-read photocopy of your valid ID. Please do not send cash. We accept only check or money order through the mail. Request forms can be filled out and printed from the resources listed below. Please allow 2 weeks before inquiring about the status of your request.
  • Online: For your convenience, we have partnered with VitalChek Network, Inc., a third-party vendor for online services. Additional service charges apply.
  • Morgan County: We offer services in Morgan County by appointment only. Call 801-399-7132.
  • * Disclaimer: please do not email documents with any personal information unless they have been encrypted first.

Vital Record Services:

Birth Certificates

What we offer:

  • We provide birth records for Ogden City from 1909 to present
  • Weber, Morgan counties and all of Utah from 1951 to present.
  • Requests for records including those before 1951 may require 24 hours and an extra fee.

Book Copy Certificates

  • Only for Weber County births from 1958 to 1998 and Ogden City from 1909 to 1998.
  • These copies sometimes have a little more information on them than the computer generated birth certificate.
  • The computer birth certificate or the book copy serve the same purpose and can be used by any agency for identification.

Uses include:

  • School Registration
  • Sports Participation
  • Drivers License
  • Passport Application
  • Retirement
  • Social Security
  • Job Application

Many people order more than one certificate when they place their order. Often the extra copy is kept in a safe place, or with a relative.

If you just had a baby, birth records need to be requested by the parents and are not automatically issued. You should order a copy of your baby's birth certificate to ensure that the information is complete and correct.

Download English birth certificate application or Spanish birth certifcate application to fill out and mail or bring into our office.

Death Certificates

What we offer:

  • We provide death records for Ogden City from 1958 to present
  • Weber County from 1958 to present and Morgan County from 1993 to present.
  • For all of Utah from August 2006 to present.
  • Requests for records before August 2006 for another county would require 24 hours and an extra fee.

Uses include:

  • To obtain insurance payments
  • for collection of stocks and bonds
  • Veteran benefits
  • closure of bank accounts
  • retirement collection
  • executing a will
  • genealogy

Filing a Death Certificate:

Utah law allows families to care for their dead without the services of a licensed Funeral Director. However, families that do not wish to retain a Funeral Director must file a death certificate and comply with state laws and rules regarding the disposition of human remains.

To begin the death certificate, contact the local Health Department in the county where the death occurred to assist you, or contact the State Office of Vital Records and Statistics for information on filing a death certificate. You may also visit State Office of Vital Records.

Download English death certificate application or Spanish death certifcate application to fill out and mail or bring into our office.

Marriage/Divorce Records

Our Vital Records office offers certified copies of marriage and divorce verifications for all counties in Utah from 1978 to 2010. However, if the marriage license was originally obtained in Weber county, you must contact the Weber County Clerk to obtain a copy of the record. If a Divorce Decree is needed, they would be at the local District Court. More information on getting a copy of your divorce decree, can be found at

These records are proof of a marriage or divorce only, with limited information, and can be used by any agency that requires proof of the event.

Vital Statistics Info Line:

Please call: 801-399-7130

Email Address:

Office Address:

477 23rd Street
Ogden, Utah 84401

236 East Young St.
Morgan, Utah 84050

Phone: 801-399-7132
Monthly, second Tuesday
By Appointment Only
Credit card service not available

Vital Records

Vital Records Home
Vital Records-FAQs


Birth Certificate
Death Certificate
Divorce Request
Marriage Certificate
Spanish Birth Certificate
Spanish Death Certificate
Spanish Divorce Certificate
Spanish Marriage Certficate

Related Links

Apostille Seal
Archives Utah
Voluntary Declaration of Paternity
Weber-Morgan Health Department

Privacy | Health Regulations | Board of Health | Contact Us