1. Weber-Morgan
  2. Environmental Health Services
  3. Food Services Protection
  4. Food Handler Permits & Certified ...

Food Handler Permits & Certified Food Managers

Food Handler Permits

Individuals that work in facilities that prepare or serve food are required to obtain a Utah Food Handler Permit. Permits are obtained after successfully completing an in-person or online state approved training course.

In-Person Classes

Morgan Office:

Location: 90 W. Young Street, Lower Level, Morgan, UT 84050

Day & Time: All classes scheduled by appointment. Call 801-399-7155 and push 0 to leave a voice message. Or, email envhealth@co.weber.ut.us.

Weber Office:

Location: 477 23rd Street, 2nd Floor, Ogden, UT 84401

Date & Time: 1st Thursday of the Month @ 9:00 a.m. & 3rd Thursday of the Month @ 3:00 p.m. (except holidays)

Spanish class is held every 3rd Wednesday of each month at 2:00 p.m.

Arrive 15 minutes early to register for class. Classes begin on time, and late arrivals will not be admitted.


You must register to ensure a seat in the class. You can register online (https://webermorganhealth.appointy.com/) or call us at 801-399-7160 and someone will assist you. After registering online, please bring your payment to the Weber-Morgan Health Department on the second floor, room #200, the day of class.

Please do not bring children with you to class. The training is 75-minutes, after which the exam will be administered. A government issued Picture ID is REQUIRED.

Online Classes

The State of Utah approves online and onsite trainer-led courses. Please be aware, there are many online outlets claiming to offer Utah Food Handler cards at exorbitant costs. Cards issued from sources not from approved providers from the State will not be accepted.

See the list of Approved Food Handler Training Providers in Utah.

Once you have completed the online course successfully, you will obtain a “Certificate of Completion” from the online vendor. This certificate is used in the place of the actual Food Handler Permit for a period of up to 30 days. During this period, the official permit will be processed and issued by the local health department jurisdiction where the individual resides.

Certified Food Manager Courses

All restaurants that serve TCS foods are required to have a full time Certified Food Safety Manager. This Person shall be responsible for all aspects of food safety within the facility and training of all food workers within the facility.

  • Before a person may manage a food service establishment they must successfully complete a state approved training course and pass a state approved test. This must be renewed every three years.
  • They must also submit a registration form and a copy of the certification to the Weber-Morgan Health Department.