Governing Youth Council (GYC)
Weber-Morgan Governing Youth Council is a youth group which plans and coordinates activities to promote positive youth lifestyles, and to help provide solutions to problems facing today’s youth. They also educate peers and community leaders about nicotine/tobacco-free lifestyles.
Are you 14-18 years old? Do you want to help improve your community? Do you want to have your voice heard and make a difference? Join GYC!
What is GYC?
The Weber-Morgan Governing Youth Council (GYC) is a community based youth group that works to identify the most common issues that affect youth in Weber and Morgan communities by:
- Educate local elected officials at our annual banquet.
- Advocate for community change at our capitol day trip.
- Support community partners by having educational tables at local events.
- Partner with schools, coalitions, and stakeholders.
- Receive lifelong skills and training regarding leadership, advocacy, community issues, and prevention work.
How to join or have questions?
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for questions.
Want to Make a Difference?
If you are a community-minded 12-18 year old, the Weber-Morgan Governing Youth Council (GYC) is a great opportunity to be involved and have your voice heard.
What is My Role at GYC?
Each year, GYC members work together to:
- Plan and implement community events that promote nicotine/tobacco-free lifestyles.
- Educate community leaders and decision makers at the state and local levels about problems facing our youth today.
Become a Member of the Weber-Morgan Governing Youth Council
Email the following application to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.